Bangkok Foodie: Casa Lapin, Ari
Co-owned by architect, Suraphan “Tonk” Tanta, Casa Lapin is one of the most famous café among Bangkok coffee aficionados. Will the rabbit house trap your heart?
How does it look like?
Wow. Once you enter the café, you won’t be doubtful of the beautiful and trendy décor. The hip ambience will automatically make you feel cooler. It goes perfect with the Aree vibe, this district becoming more and more of a hipster wannabe heaven. More than words, pictures will convince you.
How do they treat you?
The staff is really helpful and cute (which is always putting you in a good mood!). They speak good English which is always a bonus to make it a “farang friendly” café.
How is the food?
I have tried the croissants (almond and plain) and the carrot cake. The croissants were delicious and very crispy, which is difficult to get in Bangkok (most of them are soggy or too soft).
As for the carrot cake, the cream cheese was wonderful and the taste light and flavorful but it didn’t taste enough like carrot and the cake’s consistency was a bit too compact.
As for coffee, because that’s all that this place is about, the wide selection will allow you to be adventurous. The hot piccolo (mini latte) was amazing and the ice latte satisfying. I was a bit disappointing though by the mocha which chocolate, though rich, overpowered the coffee.
Though trendy, the place isn’t that expensive and it will cost you less than Starbucks. Count around 80-130 bahts for coffees and delicacies.
If you want to impress a first date or simply find a great environment to feel inspired or to relax in a chill-out café, Casa Lapin is the perfect place in soi Aree.
How to go there?
Casa lapin is situated at the ground floor of noble reform, in Phahon Yothin soi 7, just out of the BTS station.
Casa Lapin has just opened a new branch in Thong Lor Art Village.
Casa Lapin x49
Sukhumvit 49, across from Samitivej Hospital, between Thonglor 13 and Sukhumvit 49/7
(Look for this wooden sign, at the entrance of the unmarked soi)
- Bangkok Foodie: Vista Café, Mega Bangna (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Spoonful Zakka Café, The Portico (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Let them eat cake, Siam Center (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Mr Jones’ Orphanage, Siam Center (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Pacamara, Rain Hill (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Bangkok Burger Company, Mega Bangna (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Gyu Grill, Mega Bangna (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Alto Coffee, Megabangna (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: บ้านหญิง Baan Ying, Café and Meal, Terminal 21 (damieniciouailleurs.com)