Bangkok Foodie: Doi Chaang, Central Rama 9
How does it look like?
It looks eclectic, cozy, a bit childish (hello mister Bear!) but in a fun way. It looks crafty and vintagy without looking too old. It’s retro and eco-friendly enough and you can even purchase some of their organic coffee blends and some handicrafts too. You will feel safe and relaxed in this little piece of nostalgia surrounded by restaurants and B2S. And it even got free wifi (so rare in Thailand)!
How do they treat you?
The staff is friendly and it’ s a simple order at the cashier kind of place. The nice touch though is that they come to serve you at your table and with very cute places.
How is the food?
Doi Chaang’s coffee is really good, though we would have hoped for a little stronger dose of caffeine. I loved that my ice latte was very chilled and the milk foam delicious and fluffy.
We also had the chocolate macadamia cake. The sponge cake was moist and the macadamia topping tasty and not too sweet.
Coffee is around 90 bahts, cake around a 100.
A cool and cozy place to hang out with friends or catch on some work or social networking (thanks for the free wifi!).
There is also a big bonus to this place all the blends from Doi Chaang is “Beyond Fair Trade.” Half of the Canadian company is owned by the Akha Hill Tribe farmers in Northern Thailand. Yummy and sustainable!
How to go there?
It is located on the last floor of Central Rama 9, just in front B2S.
- Bangkok Foodie: Chu, Exchange Tower (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Vista Café, Mega Bangna (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Farm Design (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Café Kaldi, Esplanade (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Casa Lapin, Ari (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Gazebo Gastro Bar, Terminal 21 (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- The Golden Mount , Wat Saket, Bangkok (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Mr Jones’ Orphanage, Siam Center (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Costa Coffee, Siam Paragon (damieniciouailleurs.com)