Bangkok Foodie: Casa Lapin x 49
Co-owned by architect, Suraphan “Tonk” Tanta, Casa Lapin is one of the most famous café among Bangkok coffee aficionados. After its lovely Ari branch, let’s check out Casa Lapinx49, a hard to find but treasurable little piece of heaven.
How does it look like?
Think Casa Lapin Ari in a smaller and more intimate setting. This little home far away from yours will make you regret your own interior wasn’t designed by Casa Lapin’s owners. Here, it’s all about the wooden furniture, the stunning light fixtures and the freshly-cut wildflowers.
How do they treat you?
In this “farang friendly” environment, the staff has a perfect command of the English language and is both smiley and efficient.
How is the food?
The carrot cake was better here than the one I had at the Ari Branch. It was creamy and tasted more “carrot-y”. As for the coffee, it was as delicious and well prepared.
Though trendy, the place isn’t that expensive and it will cost you less than Starbucks. Count around 80-130 bahts for coffees and delicacies.
Casa Lapinx49 is the perfect place to bring your date in an intimate, trendy and yet romantic setting. You can either stare at each other over a perfect cup of joe or lounge in one of the outside sofas while nibbling on a cake.
How to go there?
Sukhumvit Soi 55 & Casa Lapin x49 soi songphinong [opposite Smitivej hospital] , Sukhumvit Soi 49 , Bangkok, Thailand 10110
- Bangkok Foodie: Doi Chaang, Central Rama 9 (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Costa Coffee, Siam Paragon (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Follow me around: Ratchaprasong, Bangkok (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Barista, Major Bowl Sukhumvit (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Booms, Bangkok Art & Culture Center (damieniciouailleurs.com)
- Bangkok Foodie: Too fast to sleep, MRT Sam Yan (damieniciouailleurs.com)